Ms. Guilbeau’s Class
Dear grade six families,
Coming Up & Due Dates…
- February 10 – Book Fair (Bring Money)
- February 12/13 – Parent Teacher Interviews (Sign up on school website!)
- February 17 – Family Day (No School)
- February 24-28 – No School this week, Teachers Convention
- March 16 – School Science Fair
- March 23 – Vista Ridge Ski Trip
- March 27 – Regional Science Fair
Homework & Due Dates
- February 3 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due (Every Monday)
- February 4 – Sun Quiz #1
- February 7 – Sun Quiz #2
- February 10 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due, Spelling WTW Test, Math Quiz (Unit 5: lessons 1-3 in textbook)
- February 18 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due (Tuesday)
- March 2 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due, Spelling WTW Test
- March 9 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due (Every Monday)
- March 16 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due, Spelling WTW Test
- March 23 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due (Every Monday)
- March 30 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due, Spelling WTW Test
After School Clubs
Monday: 3-4pm Boys Basketball, Mindfulness Club, Guitar
Tuesday: 3-4pm Tech & Trade 5/6 Boys, Girls Basketball, Gratitude Club
Wednesday: 3-4pm Tech & Trade Multimedia, 3-4pm Tech & Trade 5/6 Girls, Boys Basketball, Guitar Club
Thursday: 3-4pm Tech & Trade Grade 4, Girls Basketball, Girls Yoga
- Please check powerschool every Monday for new marks that went up. Message me if you have any questions or concerns.
- Students are working through Unit 5: Lessons 1-3 (pgs. 162-175) in their textbooks (there will be a quiz on this Monday Feb. 10th)
- Spelling: Students are working on spelling and building their vocabulary with bi-weekly spelling words. Students will be bringing these words home on Monday and will have a test every 2 weeks on Monday on those words. All these tests are available on powerschool within a few days of them writing them. (WTW Test on Feb. 10th)
- Reading: Please continue reading for 20 minutes every night, have a parent sign off on the reading and making sure to complete book reports.
- Reading Strategies: We have been working on inferencing using the book Crime, Body, Suspect.
- Writing: Our class is starting narrative story writing Feb. 4th.
- Students are continuing to learn about Local Government and how it works.
- Students are currently learning about the sun and planets this week. There are two quizzes about the sun this week on Tues. Feb 4th & Fri. Feb 7th. Information about the quizzes are here.
Leader in Me
- Our focus from mid-January to mid-February is Love & Respect, Reflecting & Habit #4 Think Win Win.
- We are starting to think about our Term 2 projects on Friday, Feb. 7th. Parent letter & more information on that shortly.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. You can send me a message on Remind or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can’t believe it is February already, time flies! Sign up for Parent Teacher Interviews!