Ms. Guilbeau’s Class
Dear grade six families,
Coming Up & Due Dates…
- January 27 – New after school clubs available at 6pm on school website!
- January 29 – Bell Let’s Talk Mental Health Awareness Day (Wear Blue & Green)
- February 12/13 – Parent Teacher Interviews (Sign up on school website!)
- February 17 – Family Day (No School)
- February 24-28 – No School this week, Teachers Convention
- March 16 – School Science Fair
- March 27 – Regional Science Fair
Homework & Due Dates
- January 27 – Reading Comprehension Homework, Crest Homework, Turtle Art, 3 Poems Due
- January 27 – Evidence & Investigation Unit Test and Math Unit 3 Unit Test
- January 30 – Long Division Booklets Due
- January 30 – Poetry Unit Test
- February 3 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due (Every Monday)
- February 10 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due, Spelling WTW Test
- February 18 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due (Tuesday)
- March 2 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due, Spelling WTW Test
- March 9 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due (Every Monday)
- March 16 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due, Spelling WTW Test
- March 23 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due (Every Monday)
- March 30 – Reading Comprehension Homework Due, Spelling WTW Test
After School Clubs
Tuesday: 3-4pm Tech & Trade 5/6 Boys, Girls Basketball
Wednesday: 3-4pm Tech & Trade Multimedia, 3-4pm Tech & Trade 5/6 Girls, Boys Basketball
Thursday: 3-4pm Tech & Trade Grade 4, Girls Basketball
- I am still looking for 1-2 parent representative(s) for our parent council. As we will be planning a Grade Six Trip and Farewell, we would like to have as many parents as possible have input in helping us plan and fundraise. This is a super important role for our class & school and we’d appreciate anyone who is able to take on this role.
- Please check powerschool every Monday for new marks that went up. Message me if you have any questions or concerns.
- Students are finishing Unit 3: Decimals. Test Monday Jan.27
- Students will begin Unit 5 in their math textbook on Tuesday Jan. 28
- We are continuing to work on fact fluency (simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). Please continue to practice long division using the help post I provided last week & the practice booklets that were sent home (due date on Jan 30th).
- Spelling: Students are working on spelling and building their vocabulary with weekly spelling words. Students will be bringing these words home on Monday and will have a test every 2 weeks on Monday on those words. All these tests are available on powerschool within a few days of them writing them. (WTW Test on Feb. 10th)
- Reading: Please continue reading for 20 minutes every night, have a parent sign off on the reading and making sure to complete book reports.
- Reading Strategies: We have been working on inferencing using the book Crime, Body, Suspect.
- Writing: Our class is currently finishing our Poetry Unit (Test on Thursday Jan. 30th) & then we will be starting narrative story writing.
- Students are continuing to learn about Local Government and how it works.
- Students have their final Evidence and Investigation Unit Test on Monday Jan.27th then we are moving onto our 3rd Science topic of the year Space.
Leader in Me
- Our focus from mid-January to mid-February is Love & Respect, Reflecting & Habit #4 Think Win Win.
- We are starting our Term 2 projects on Wednesday. More information on that shortly.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. You can send me a message on Remind or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
I can’t believe we are in the last week of January already, this is so exciting! Big things are coming up and I know students cannot wait for all the new units we are starting!