Ms. Guilbeau’s Class
Dear grade six families,
|Coming Up & Due Dates…|
- December 2 – Non-Fiction Book Report Due
- December 13 – PLF #5 (No School for Students)
- December 16 – Comic Book Book Report Due
- December 16 – Winter Concert (ECDP and Kindergarten)
- December 17 – Winter Concert (Grades 1 to 3)
- December 18 – Winter Concert (Grades 4-6)
- December 20 – PLF #6 (No School for Students)
- December 21 to January 5 – Christmas Break
|After School Clubs|
Monday: 3-4pm – Girls Inc, 3:30-4:30 Pilot Coders
Tuesday: 3-4pm Tech & Trade 5/6 Girls
Wednesday: 3-4pm Tech & Trade Multimedia, 3-4pm Tech & Trade 5/6 Boys
Thursday: 3-4pm Tech & Trade Grade 4, 3-4pm Div 2 Choir
- I am still looking for 1-2 parent representative(s) for our parent council. As we will be planning a Grade Six Trip and Farewell, we would like to have as many parents as possible have input in helping us plan and fundraise. This is a super important role for our class & school and we’d appreciate anyone who is able to take on this role.
- Please check powerschool every Monday for new marks that went up. Message me if you have any questions or concerns.
- Students are starting Unit 3: Decimals. Please have students play prodigy for 20 minutes every evening as I am tracking their progress on our class prodigy account. The code is: 9A719F.
- New Mathletics homework will be posted this weekend for students to work through throughout this next math unit.
- We are continuing to work on fact fluency (simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Students have their Math Unit 2 test on Monday Dec. 2.
- Grammar: This week students will be starting clauses and subordinate conjunctions.
- Spelling: Students are working on spelling and building their vocabulary with weekly spelling words. Students will be bringing these words home on Monday and will have a test every 2 weeks on Monday on those words. All these tests are available on powerschool within a few days of them writing them.
- Reading: Please continue reading for 20 minutes every night, have a parent sign off on the reading and making sure to complete book reports.
- Reading Strategies: We have been working on the reading strategy called sequencing through reading Danny Chandelier while also preparing for Narrative Writing that will start after Christmas Break.
- Writing: Our class is currently practicing PAT newspaper writing once a week until Christmas while we begin our poetry unit.
- Students are beginning to learn about Local Government and how it works.
- Students have their final Trees and Forests Test on Tuesday Dec. 3 then we are moving into our 2nd Science topic of the year Evidence and Investigation.
|Leader in Me|
- Our focus for November until mid-December is Truthfulness, Welcoming Habits & Habit #3 Putting First Things First.
- We are starting to present our Term 1 Genius Hour Projects and students have done INCREDIBLE so far! Can’t wait to see what they produce in Term 2.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. You can send me a message on Remind or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can’t believe we are in the first week of December already, this is so exciting! Big things are coming up and I know students cannot wait for all the festivities December brings! I can’t wait to read all the book reports that are due on Monday!